Saturday, December 12, 2009

December is Veg Month!

So my s.o. and I have decided to make December "Veg Month" in our home. On Dec 5, I was on a Toys for Tots motorcycle run and at the final destination where I had pre-paid for lunch, there was only hot dogs and hamburgers available.

So what's a "girl-trying-to-go-veg" to do? I had one of each. Argh. But prior and since I have eaten nothing but veg and have since gained 2.5 pounds. Huh? Ok, I'm playing the fool but I know why. To compensate for not having meat, I've been using food products I usually reserve for special occasions such as sour cream, extra cheese and having ice cream. Note the pattern: more dairy. Incidentally, I'm lactose-intolerant.

Check out our blog over at aspgrasscash.blogspot.com. We're just really getting into this blogging thing and hopefully will post regularly, especially our really tasty meals.

But eating vegetarian is a much "greener" way to live and I would like to embrace that way of living for my health and that of the planet. Sounds great in theory, now will I do it?

In wondering what makes vegans tick, I found this blog

We just watched Julie and Julia - a movie about a blogging woman who makes Julia Child's recipes for 365 days. Very well done and I love Amy Adams, Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci in this. Ick. Lots of meat though.

Bon appetit!

No comments: