Wednesday, November 25, 2009

To go veg...

I keep considering it! It's the direction I'd love to head but I can't seem to fight my occasional bacon or flank steak craving. In my defense, my mom turned me on to this really awesome flank steak recipe she used to make. And I love that with home made mac & cheese. If I can find a really great meat alternative, this will all be easier.

I find it hard to commit to any diet. I bore easily so food needs to have really kick ass flavor to stick.

One of my green dreams is to own a vegetarian cafe. In this dream, I provide lovely vegetarian dishes: Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw. I provide my customers with the nutritional content and loving words of veg encouragement. I grow most of my own organic produce for the cafe. Omnivores and herbavores eat side by side w/out complaint. The cafe has living walls of greenery to enhance the environment with extra oxygen and a nature-like feel as well as outdoor seating. The cafe is just one business amongst other green storefront businesses. This all occurs in Maui, HI or Asheville, NC. Ok, maybe right here in AZ too but I don't know if there's enough of a demographic here.

Anyway, that is one of my favorite dreams. One which I will hold onto and manifest in this lifetime. This post makes me happy.

No comments: